Production divided into pre-production, production and post-production. Pre-production involves the planning part of the film, while production is the filming process and finally the post-production is the editing process of the film.
The photos on below shows the planning list of a video shooting from ASOS. It includes the names of the people and listed out which job roles they are taking part in the shoot. Also, the planning list includes the locations that they will be filmed at and the map of the place, the date and time they gonna start shoot and the title of the video.
On below, I have listed out some of the job roles which is needed for a film making.
- Production Assistant
- Ar Direction MW
- Art Direction WW
- 1st Assistant Director
- DOP (Director of Photography)
- 1st Assistant Camera (AC): Focus Puller
- 2nd AC.Grip
- Junior Fashion Editor
- Fashion Assistant
Crew members work in ASOS and Agent Provocateur’s videos-
- ASOS: ca. 21 crew members (without actors/ models)
- Agent Provocateur: ca. 50-60 crew members (without actors/ models)
The photos on below are the job roles list of the Black Label production making the video ‘Control Yourself’ for Agent Provocateur.
Key Creative team:
- Producer – The producer started the idea of the film, coordinates, supervises, and controls matters such as raising funding, hiring key personnel, contracting and arranging for distributors. The producer is involved throughout all of the process from development to completion of a project.
- Director- The director is responsible for supervising the creative aspects of a film and it includes controlling the content and the flow of the plot, directing the performances of actors, selecting the locations in which the film will be shot, and also managing technical details for instance, the positioning of cameras, the lighting, the timing and the content of the film’s soundtrack.
- Screenwriter- Screenwriters or scriptwriters are responsible for researching the story, developing the narrative, writing the screenplay, and delivering the screenplay in the required format to the Producers. They are usually freelancers who let the Producers to see their ideas or commissioned by a Producer to write a screenplay from an idea, existing screenwork or literary works or based on true story.
More job roles:
- DIT – Digital image technician is an agent of cinematographer. The job role need to make sure the image quality, on set color correction, troubleshooting and also the management of the process of the production
- Executive Producer- An executive producer is usually someone who facilitate the funding of the project. There may be more than one executive producers and it depends on the financing arrangements.
- Line Producer- A line producer usually manages the budget of a film production. Furthermore, they may manage the day to day physical aspects of the film production.
- Production Manager- The production manager supervises the physical aspects of the production and this includes personnel, technology, budget, and scheduling. Production Manager’s responsibility is to make sure the filming is on schedule and within its budget.