I have found out that Adobe After Effects CC has more editing effects for video as some of them are not in Premiere. So I have experimented with it and see what effects is suitable for my fashion film. On below, I have screenshot the step of how to use After Effects and I have used an example to show.
- First, open Adobe After Effects CC and then press file- import- file… to insert your video for editing.
Press import after you have select your chosen video.
2. Then, the video will appear on the top left side. In order to edit the video, drag the video onto the timeline to start editing and after this action, the video will show up on the big box like the photo on below.
3. If you want to change the color of the video to black and white, press Effects- Color Correction- Black & White.
4. You can find all the effects from Effects. On below, I have take an example of how to function the effects and I have used the CC Kaleida as an example.
First, go to Effects – Stylize- CC Kaleida
5. After that, the screen will look like the photo on below. The CC Kaleida effect has got different effects in it as well and you can see the effects on the left grey box on below.
6. After you have chosen the effects that you want ( I have chosen the flower pattern as an example), then you adjust size of the pattern, the length and width and the rotation of it. By changing the details, you can result with different pattern and effects for the video.
7. After Effects is similar to Premiere in the way that you need to press the stop watch beside the words on the left to blue color and this helps to mark when you gonna apply the effects on the video and also by moving the time on the timeline, you can change the value which helps you to change the effects throughout the video.
8. In order to save the video in Quick time format, first save the document in after effects. Then, go to File – Export- Add to Render Queue.
After that, the screen should look like the photo on below. You can find this box at the bottom of where the timeline were on the previous steps. You can name your document in different name and after that, press Render at the right corner (the one in blue color). After this, the video should be save as Quick time format and in order to place the video onto premiere, you can go to premiere and press import and so the video will appear on premiere ready to place onto the timeline.