Premiere Pro CC helps for video editing and for this project, we will learn how to use premiere to edit our fashion film. On below, I have used a video that I filmed and create examples of how to use premiere and show it in step by step.
UK high definition: 1080 pixels 60 frame per second.
- First, go to Premiere Pro CC and create a new project. Name the project and check the details on below and make sure they are correct. After checking all the details, press OK.
2. After you have pressed OK, the screen will appear like what it is on below.
3. If you want to import files, you will need to go to file – import.
On below, I have selected one of the video that I filmed to use as an example.
4. Then, the video will open up on the bottom left box.
5. Double click your chosen video and the video will open up on the top left box.
6. On the top left box, you can mark in and out the scenes. This means that you can cut the scenes where you want to start and end. From the left second sign is ‘mark in’ sign and the third one is ‘mark out’ sign.
7. After you have marked in and out the video, you can drag the video onto the timeline which is located on the bottom right box.And it will look like this on below. It appears two blue box on the timeline and the top one is the video while the bottom one is the audio of the video.
8. If you just want to delete the audio from the video, you will need to click the video and then right click and choose ‘Unlink’. After that you can delete either the audio or the video.
9. Effects. Premiere Pro CC has got many editing effects which we can use when we edit the videos. The effects can be found on the bottom left box on Effects.
10. In order to add effects to the video, you need to drag the effects that you want to the video on the timeline.
11. Take for example, I have chosen the mirror effects from Effects. Remember to switch on the stop watch logo which will turn into blue color, next to the words when you started to add effects to the video.
12. After you have adjusted the angle, if you want create some effects, e,g, rotate the mirror effects and change the angles of it after 3 seconds, you can move the time on the left box and change the directions. So when every time you move to another seconds, because you have turned the stop watch on, it will help you to mark down the effects you have changed on each step.
13. If you want to save the video in quick time format, go to edit- export-media.
14. Then it will appear a box like this on below. Not only you can save it as quick time, but also you can save it as other formats as well. After you have checked all the details are right, you can press export.Then, the video will save as the format you have selected in your folder.
If you want to join two clips together and make them change smoothly from scene to scene, you will need to…
- Import two video clips onto the timeline.
- Then, go to the tool logo on the timeline box and press show video key frame.
- Scale up the videos on the timeline and there should appear a white line on the video box.Use the pen tool and create two points on the video (the timing where you want the video to start to fade out and the end of the video) and drag the white lines down. Depends on whether you want to fade out the scene quickly or not, if you want it to fade out smoothly, you can make the first point not too close to the end of the video and then you need to make another point at the end of the video, so to drag the white line down.
- In order to make another video appear smoothly, do the same as the previous step, but this time you will want the white line to go up instead as you want the scene to appear. This technique also apply to the audio as well.
In order to create typography on the video, you will need to use photoshop.
- Go to photoshop. Open a new project – Name the file and check all the details. Then, select film & video instead and press ok. After that, it should appear like what I’ve shown on below.
- Then, to add text, use the ‘T’ logo to apply the text.
- You can make the background into transparent as well and on this example, I have made the background transparent and the text in white. After that save the file in Photoshop format. Go to Premiere Pro CC and then go to file- import and select and import the psd document which you have just created. After that, you can drag the text onto the timeline.